- The name of the society is Wallenberg-Sugihara Civil
- The purposes of the society are:
- To educate the public about historical acts of civil
courage by people as exemplified by Raoul Wallenberg and Chiune Sugihara.
- To encourage and promote similar acts of
- To present an award for civil courage to a living
person connected to British Columbia who, against unjust laws, norms or conventions of the time and place (of nations, organizations, or peer groups), and at personal risk to himself or herself,
helped to improve or save the lives of others.
- To do such other things and acts as are conducive to
the attainment of the above common goals.
- The society is a not-for-profit member-funded